There has been a Hazardous Spill, what should I do?
- If the incident is indoors, close all doors in order to isolate the area if it is safe to do so.
- From a safe area, call the University Police Department at 911. If possible, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name of the material
- Quantity of the material
- Time of the incident
- Location of the incident
- If anyone has been injured or exposed to the material
- If a fire or explosive is involved
- Your name, phone number and location
- Follow instructions offered by the emergency responders.
- Evacuate the area if necessary:
- Follow the instructions provided by authorities.
- Notify others to evacuate.
- Take only your phone and essential items.
- Help those needing assistance.
- Notify police of missing or injured.