I smell Gas, what should I do?
If you detect natural gas, fumes or vapors:
- Cease all operations.
- Do not pull fire alarms.
- Do not touch light switches or electrical equipment.
- Call the University Police Department by dialing 911.
- Clear the area immediately if instructed to do so by the emergency dispatcher.
- Provide your location and the location of the odor to the dispatcher.
- Provide as many additional details as possible to the dispatcher
- Follow the instructions provided by authorities.
- Notify others to evacuate.
- Take only your phone and essential items.
- Help those needing assistance.
- Notify police of missing or injured.