You received a Bomb Threat, what should I do?
If you receive a bomb threat:
- Remain calm.
- Get as much information as possible from the caller (if by phone); pretend to have difficulty hearing.
- Where is the bomb?
- When is it set to go off?
- What type of bomb is it?
- Hold the line open. Do not hang up.
- Use another line to call 911.
- Follow instructions from emergency personnel.
- If the threat is for your location, follow the “evacuate” actions of the Crisis Plan:
- Follow the instructions provided by authorities.
- Notify others to evacuate.
- Take only your phone and essential items.
- Help those needing assistance.
- Notify police of missing or injured.